RICE-WN is a local NGO with headquarters in Arua and working in the West Nile, Acholi and Bunyoro sub-regions. RICE-WN’s mandate includes empowering communities in areas of community health, Environment and Natural resources, Vocational Skills Training, Sustainable Agriculture and Integrated Humanitarian Response. Currently, RICE-WN is seeking applications from WN’s qualified community members to fill the positions below:
Rural Initiative for Community Empowerment West Nile (RICE-WN) with funding from DGF is implementing a three years project called Community support for sustainable oil and gas governance in the Districts of Arua Pakwach Nwoya and Buliisa. RICE-WN is therefore inviting competent persons to fill the position of project officers in the four districts. One person shall be recruited for each district.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in the following Disciplines: Social sciences, Environment Management, Development Studies, natural resource management or any closely relevant discipline.
- At least two years with a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage
Roles and responsibilities
- Community trainings
- Spearheading community dialogues
- Monitoring of community structures
- Linking the communities with the local governments and central Government
- Reporting and documentation among others
Handwritten Applications specifying the Districts of interest and the most recent CV with academic credentials, at least two recent Recommendations, one from local governments and another from police should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer RICE-WN P.O Box 481 Arua by 5:00 pm of 22nd October 2018. The applications should be delivered to RICE-WN head office Arua or Nwoya branch office.
For any clarifications please contact the office on mobile phone number 07748777808 during office hours until the closing date of applications and no more calls shall be entertained after the closing date.
Note that RICE-WN is an equal opportunity employer and both males and females are encouraged to apply. RICE-WN is also a corruption free organization and so any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.