This is the department that conducts research for development through ICT and monitoring and evaluation. It is the department that enhances the needs assessment, innovation and impact assessment. It has four programmes namely research, documentation and advocacy, Information and Communication Technology and monitoring and evaluation.
1. Research and Baseline Surveys
The goal of this program is to conduct research to enhance development. This can be in form of needs assessment, baseline survey, impact assessment and innovative research.
- to ensure that all projects have the necessary research base so as to address the real needs of the communities.
- to keep track of the impact of the activities carried out.
- to enable innovation in RICE-WN.
- baseline surveys
- needs assessments
- impact assessments
- innovative research
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
The goal of this program is to enable RICE-WN keep track of all the activities and make sure they are moving in the right direction.
- to keep an eye on all the activities of RICE-WN
- To assess the viability of all projects of RICE-WN
- to involve all stakeholders in the projects of RICE-WN.
- To recommend and implement corrective measures for all activities.
- Monitoring exercises
- Stakeholders feedback meetings
- Evaluation meetings
- Independent evaluation exercise such as midyear and final evaluation.
3. Information and Communication Technology.
To link RICE-WN to all relevant and available technology for best service provision
- To put in place all the suitable technology for the best performance of RICE-WN
- To share up to date performance of RICE-WN activities with the world through the available technologies.
- To use technology to attract funding and educate the communities.
- Exploration and purchase of the most suitable technologies.
- Updating, redesigning and processing viewer’s points.
- Control the communication through the internet
- Increase awareness of the staff on the use of the available technologies.
4. Documentation and Resource Mobilization
To ensure that all the reports translate into meaningful advocacy and innovation
- To ensure detailed, timely and informative reporting in RICE-WN.
- To translate all the reports to meaningful advocacy
- To use the reports to attract new funding to fill the existing gaps.
- Report writing
- Report analysis
- Report storage
- Advocacy preparation
5. Advocacy and Lobbying